SMRI Productions is proud to be a headline sponsor for the upcoming HillFest 2016 Concert Festival! Three days of spirited revelry with an effervescent air of music, art, and Blue Ridge Mountain culture. Join us for our inaugural festival that promises an epic experience for all ages.
4 stages. Over 30 bands. Dancing. Hot air balloon. Artisans and vendors. Libations. Camping. Children’s activities. Delectable fare for every taste.
HillFest offers shuttle service to and from Hillsville’s famous Labor Day Flea Market, giving you the chance to hunt for treasures, shake off the fleas as you dance the night away, and do it all again the next day.
When does the festival open/close?
Although HillFest will not be open until Friday, September 2, those who have 3 day tickets and are camping are welcome to come anytime after 9:00 am Thursday morning, September 1, 2016 to set up campsites and may camp onsite Thursday night. Gates will open each day (Friday 9/2. Saturday 9/3, and Sunday 9/4) at 8:00 am, however music will not begin until approximately 12 pm. All campers must leave by 12:00 pm on Monday, September 5, 2016.
What happens if it rains?
HillFest will go on rain or shine! We will have tents available for limited shelter from the rain or sun. Umbrellas will be allowed if it rains, but must not block line of sight for the stages and must be used within areas designated for umbrellas, pop-up canopies, etc. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
– When does the festival open/close? Although HillFest will not be open until Friday, September 2, those who have 3 day tickets and are camping are welcome to come anytime after 9:00 am Thursday morning, September 1, 2016 to set up campsites and may camp onsite Thursday night. Gates will open each day (Friday 9/2. Saturday 9/3, and Sunday 9/4) at 8:00 am, however music will not begin until approximately 12 pm. All campers must leave by 12:00 pm on Monday, September 5, 2016.
– What happens if it rains? HillFest will go on rain or shine! We will have tents available for limited shelter from the rain or sun. Umbrellas will be allowed if it rains, but must not block line of sight for the stages and must be used within areas designated for umbrellas, pop-up canopies, etc. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
– Will you search my cooler/bags? All coolers brought onto festival grounds will be searched upon entrance and may be searched at any time by festival staff/security at their sole discretion. HillFest reserves the right to search persons or bags at any time should at the sole discretion of festival staff/security.
– Can I bring a pop-up tent/canopy/umbrella/chairs? We have a space near our main stage designated for canopies, etc. to accommodate those who prefer to have one. We ask that you only use them in the designated area so that those who aren’t using one have a clear line of sight to the stage and that everyone has plenty of room to dance!
– When will the daily schedule be released? We will post a daily schedule/lineup closer to time for HillFest to begin.
– How can I volunteer at HillFest? We love volunteers and definitely need them. In future years we hope to have a designated volunteer portion on our website. For now, if you’re interested in volunteering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll gladly get back to you with all the details.
– Is re-entry allowed? Re-entry is allowed with a valid wristband.
– Is ID needed to purchase alcohol? Yes – valid identification is needed to purchase alcohol. Accepted forms include government issued photo identification card, driver’s license, or passport. Identification must be current (not expired).
– Will there be wi-fi available? Wi-fi will not be available.
– Will there be a place to charge cell phones? Yes – there will be a cell phone charging station for those who don’t want to or can’t unplug for the weekend. Please bring your own charger and we’ll provide a place to plug it in. The charging station is used at your own risk. HillFest is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen phones or chargers.
– Will there be vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free food options available? Please continue to check the vendor list at on our website. We aim to offer a variety of food vendors for many tastes, however if we are unable to meet your dietary needs, you are welcome to bring food that fits your need.
– Will there be free water? Yes – water will be available at the Drinking Water Filling Station.
– What if I need emergency services? We will have a medical tent with basic first aid supplies. There will also be emergency medical technicians nearby should their services be required.
– Where do I go if I lose something? Head to the HillFest event & merch tent to the left of the Main Stage.
– Are pets allowed? No – please make other arrangements for your furry friends. No pets or animals are allowed at HillFest. Service animals are allowed.
– Will there be cell service available? Cell phone service for U.S. Cellular and Verizon Wireless customers is typically strong at the festival site. Service for other carriers may be spotty.
– Are cameras allowed? Phone cameras and non-professional cameras are allowed. Any professional photography (determined by detachable lenses) must be approved by HillFest management. Video and audio recorders are not allowed. If you’d like to take a quick video on your phone, go for it.
– Will there be a shuttle back and forth to the flea market? Yes. The shuttle will run from HillFest to a central location within the Flea Market. Shuttle will run Friday through Sunday.
– What is the Hillsville Labor Day Flea Market? The Hillsville Flea Market consumes the town of Hillsville each Labor Day Weekend (Friday – Monday). Antique dealers, gun dealers vendors and traders of all kinds make this one of the largest shows in the southeast United States. Hillsville expects to draw over 500,000 visitors this Labor Day weekend. For more information, check out this link – www.hillsville.com/fmarket.htm
– What if I have a question that wasn’t answered here? No problem! Shoot us an email at email@example.com and we’ll gladly answer your questions
We want everyone to be able to enjoy HillFest! If you haven’t already, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with your accessibility needs so we can be better prepared to accommodate you.
– Is HillFest accessible for those with mobility challenges? The festival site is located in a cow field and has several rolling hills (thus the name HillFest), however we are doing everything we can to ensure it is accessible and enjoyable for everyone. Golf shuttles will be available for mobility throughout the festival.
– Where can I park if I have a parking placard or license plate for persons with disabilities? There will be limited designated parking available for persons with disabilities that is closer to the site than general parking and will cost the same as general parking. Placards must be available and on display at all times to park in this area.
– What about camping? If you require a flat camping due to a mobility challenge, please be sure to email us in advance so can ensure a site is available and reserved for you.
– Do I have to print out a ticket? Yes, if you purchase a ticket in advance, you must print out the ticket and bring it with you. We will not be able to print the ticket out for you at the gate.
– Can I purchase tickets at the event? Yes. Tickets will be available for sale at the HillFest entrance. Remember, purchasing tickets in advance on our website can save you money and time. If purchased before August 1st, tickets are available at a discounted price.
– Is there a will call? Yes. There will be a will call at the entrance where tickets are scanned.
– Are tickets refundable/exchangeable? No. Once you’ve purchased the ticket, we aren’t able to provide a refund or an exchange.
– Do kids have to pay to get in to HillFest? Children under 5 years of age are free! HillFest offers exceptionally low prices for Youth Tickets (ages 5-12) – 3 day youth tickets are a mere $15 and single day youth tickets are $5. Activities for children will be plentiful and fun!
Rules & Regulations
We want HillFest to be an epic experience for one and all. Here’s what we need you to know to make sure it’s smooth, safe, and fun for everyone…
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable and have no cash value.
- Ticket holder expressly assumes all risk and danger arising from or incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued.
- No wristband sharing
- Line-up and schedule, activities, and vendors are subject to change, without notice.
- All ages are welcome. Anyone 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or older. This may be a family member, guardian, or friend.
- HillFest happens rain or shine!
- No outside alcohol. Coolers are subject to search by event staff.
- No illegal substances.
- No weapons, except for on-duty law enforcement.
- No pets.
- No open air fires.
- Wristband must be worn at all times while on festival ground. Wristband is void if tampered with or altered.
- Event management reserves the right to refuse admission or eject any person whose conduct or hygiene is deemed by management, at management’s sole discretion, to be disorderly or undesirable, without refund.
Everyone is subject to search including bags and coolers at the sole discretion of HillFest staff.
- NO Alcohol or flasks
- NO glass containers
- NO illegal drugs, substances, or paraphernalia
- NO illegal or unauthorized vending
- NO weapons of any kind
- NO fireworks or explosives
- NO totems, flags over 12 feet tall. Any of these items, regardless of their height, that are deemed unsafe or inappropriate may be confiscated.
- NO animals or pets (other than service animals)
- NO personalized motor vehicles (golf carts, ATV’s, etc.), skateboards or scooters
- NO open fires or flammable lanterns
- NO professional cameras (indicated by a detachable lens) without express permission from management
- NO professional video or audio recording devices
- NO laser pointers
- NO noisemakers, horns, or megaphones (musical instruments are allowed at campsites)
- NO drones or unmanned aerial vehicles
Camping Rules & Policies:
- Must have on a HillFest wristband to camp at the Festival
- Campsites are first come, first served basis.
- Camping is only permitted in designated areas.
- You may park up to 1 vehicle with your tent, but MUST have 3-day ticket to do so.
- Vehicles will be subject to search should event management/security deem necessary.
- No open fires
- HillFest/Parnell Productions, its management, staff, and volunteers are not responsible for any items that are lost, damaged or stolen from your campsite, vehicle, or person during the festival.
- Please read and be familiar with all other rules and regulations
- Please be respectful of those camping around you. HillFest reserves the right to eject any person camping at any time, at sole discretion of event management.
Please use directions provided, as GPS routes may not take into account the traffic/traffic patterns from the Hillsville Labor Day Flea Market.
From I-77 – take Exit 14 (Hillsville/Galax) and from there take US 58 East towards Hillsville, then merge right onto US 58 East Bypass. Take the first exit (Fancy Gap). Turn right and you’ll immediately see signs directing you to HillFest!
From Mt. Airy, NC – Take 52 North to Hillsville. Once you enter the Hillsville Town limits, you will begin seeing signs that direct you to HillFest parking.
From Stuart – Take US 58 West toward Galax/Hillsville. Remain on 58 bypass (don’t take the 58 business exit), then exit the bypass at the Fancy Gap exit. Turn left and cross the bridge, then you’ll see signs for HillFest parking.
Site Address: 1303 South Main Street, Hillsville, Virginia 24343
GPS Coordinates: 36.7456734, -80.72615250000001