When you wish to receive or use services on this website – such as news, videos, to upload your work, and as SMRI Productions members – you will be asked to submit personal information, such as your name and email address.
By entering the details in the forms, you enable SMRI Productions and its service providers to provide you with the services that you select.
• Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
• We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
• We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
• We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
• Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
• We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
• We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
When you visit SMRI Productions, the pages you see are downloaded to your computer, along with a text file called a cookie. Each website on the internet can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it but, to protect your privacy, your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
It enables us to personalise parts of the site for your visit. For example, looking at when you are logged in.
If you have set your computer to reject cookies, you can still browse SMRI Productions anonymously. However, you will not be able to register with the site and your interactive experience of may be affected.
Use and storage of information
When you supply any personal information to SMRI Productions, we have legal obligations towards you regarding the way that we use that data. We must collect the information fairly. That is, we must explain how we will use it (see the notices on particular web pages that let you know why we are requesting the information), and notify you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else.
In general, any information you provide to SMRI Productions will only be used within SMRI Producitons, by its agents and by its partners. Your information will only be disclosed where we are obliged or permitted by law. If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to SMRI Productions, we can use any information available about you to stop such behavior. This may involve informing relevant third parties about the content and your behavior, such as your employer, school, e-mail/Internet provider and law enforcement agencies.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or – in the case of SMRI Productions membership – until you no longer wish to continue your registration to SMRI Productions. For safety reasons, however, we may store messaging transcript data (including message content, member names, times and dates) arising from the use of SMRI Productions. Personal information that is held for people who are not yet registered, but have taken part in other SMRI Productions services (for example, email notifications), will be held as long as necessary to ensure that the service is run smoothly. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information SMRI Productions holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected (we charge $5 for information requests). Please address requests to: email@example.com.
Those aged 18 or under must have parent/guardian permission before providing personal information to SMRI Productions. Users without consent are not allowed to provide SMRI Productions with personal information.